Friday, October 24, 2008

TRANSFORMED



The alarm clock woke me up at 9:00. I had gotten up almost not moving an inch. I stood still for a few minutes to get fully awake. I rose off the bed and headed to the bathroom. I felt real funny because I felt my body had no weight as if I had burned it in the gym. The bathroom door had been opened so I walked right in. I turned on the sink while adjusting the water temperatures. I scooped up a handful of water and felt my skin all rough. "Oh My Gosh" I said so shocked. I went to open my eyes all the way and saw someone who didn't look like "me". I had just realized I, out of everything else that happened to me, had become a ladybug. I forced my eyes shut to see if it was all a dream but it wasn't. I had been TRANSFORMED. Many questions ran through my head. Why am I ladybug?. How did I become a ladybug?. Why am I not me?. I walked out the bathroom and examined myself in a full length mirror. My legs and arms were really skinny and I had wings with 6 spots on each side. I still had to go to school because today was picture day and I couldn't miss that. My hands hardly had power to put my shoes on. I wondered what kids will say when this see me as a ladybug. What will they call me? I had to make up an excuse but this excuse had to be good. Oh I had it. I could tell everyone that was my Halloween costume. Being a lady bug will change my life mainly because I'm not capable of doing all the stuff I used to do. I would fly and ill have to eat whatever ladybugs eat which wont be cheeseburgers or fries. I will still be the real me inside because only my outside changed not my inside.

1 comment:

lahana said...

...Such a WONDERFUL story...I had a big smile on my face while read it. I hope you have a part 2 when you actually get to school.