Saturday, January 17, 2009

Immigrant Detention Centers


I just played this game. It was about jail and why people are in it. The facilities are horrible. The bathroom was ridiculous. There are no doors. No privacy and sometimes sexual assault can happen. And its right next to the food court. I mean imagine eating while smelling crap or a dead rat. There are nearly 80 people sharing 6 toilets. The cells are very small. You can hardly walk around. The beds are so uncomfortable. The cells are sturdy, have no windows, and very cold. Sometimes 3 people have to hare a cell and when they add another bed there is definitely no room to move. The inmates can hardly sleep because the officers leave the lights on. In the cafeteria people hardly eat. I mean they serve food but its watery and tasteless. The inmates still get hungry. The medical care. I can say alot about that. If someone gets injured, they don't get help. That's crazy! Playing this game made me feel that immigrants/people deserve to be treated better than that. Cops these days pull people over because of there race when they real bad guys are still out there. I think the U.S should treat immigrants better by just giving them a break or something. There was this inmates story really caught my attention. She was stopped over and sent to jail becuase she didnt have a license. The problem was she was pregnant. She left her kids crying and soon gave birth. They handcuffed her arms and legs to the hospital bed and she wasnt allowed to feed her baby or go to the bathroom. It just broke my heart!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah nice amanda the music player is awsome could help me get one.Also I've got a song you could add maybe one that tributes to your love of coffe or maybe michael jackson thriller.