Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Losing My Friends To Weed......... (Not Actually Me)


I just read a short story about a kid who has to choose between having friends or staying away from drugs. You can read it here .

I think the decision Jamel made was a good one because he didn't smoke. He did the right thing by refusing the blunt that was going around. It was hard for him to choose because he wanted to stay healthy and because he didn't want his friends to think he was a mama's boy or a sissy. No I haven't been pressured for something I thought was wrong but I know that you have to make the right decision and not make the wrong one. Just cuz ur friends do something that to them seems cool but to you it doesn't, you don't have to follow their decision.

** Extra Credit **

Um I think some kids want other kids to go along with what they are doing because they might want to mess with the other person or they are too scared to try it alone. I think it is hard for people to accept others differently because they may want everyone to be like them and they might think its cool.

SAY NO TO DRUGS!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my god I don't know what to say amanda the fact that you the right from wrong I am proud to be you enemy.
PS.
The slang in your story was not that bad you use them really well good 4 you

lahana said...

I agree with you, I think most people peer pressure others because they don't want to do it alone. There's an old expression about this: safety in numbers.

lahana said...

Hmm Tinice: you're proud to be her enemy? What?